Frequently, people spend their own time and money to organize a fundraiser to benefit the Berrien County Cancer Service. These fundraisers include everything from community sporting events, to walks and funs, car washes and car shows, carnivals, and more.
If you are interested in hosting your own third-party event to benefit the BCCS, please call us at 269-429-3281 or email Nancy Church at email@example.com. We can offer guidance to help make your event a success and discuss options for marketing the event that may be available.
Donations from these fundraisers can be mailed in the form of a check to Berrien County Cancer Service, 3900 Hollywood Road, St. Joseph, MI 49085. Checks should be made payable to Berrien County Cancer Service.
*Please note that BCCS cannot manage financial transactions for third-party fundraisers beyond accepting final donations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a third-party fundraising event?
A third-party fundraising event is conducted by an individual, group or organization in the community with proceeds to benefit the Berrien County Cancer Service (BCCS).
Who can conduct a fundraiser on behalf of BCCS?
Individuals and organizations can host an independent fundraising event to support BCCS. These can be grateful patients and families, civic organizations, churches, schools, businesses, or anyone interested in supporting the areas of greatest need or a specific program of your choice. We ask that you contact us with a proposal for events for approval and official endorsement. Informal fundraisers such as bake sales, personal social media donation requests, or fundraiser that does not need use of the BCCS logo do not need prior approval.
Where will my donation go?
Funds raised by third-party fundraisers can be directed to the general operating expenses of BCCS, a particular service, or to our endowment fund. If you have a passion for a specific area, we will work with you to ensure your donation goes directly to that area. If you'd like details about the funding areas listed below or would like different funding ideas, please contact us to discuss options.
How can BCCS help me?
Listed below are ways BCCS can help with your fundraiser:
- Provide consultation on fundraisers and events
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Provide and approve use of our logo, provided certain criteria are met
- Assist in marketing and awareness efforts of the fundraiser
- Help you select an area of BCCS for your donation to support
- Coordinate check presentations
- Send you BCCS branded giveaways if available
We are here to support you. However, there are some services we are unable to provide:
- Our sales tax exemption number
- Insurance or liability coverage
- Mailing list of donors and/or vendors
- BCCS stationery
- Funding or reimbursement of your expenses
- Guaranteed attendance of BCCS staff or patient representatives