The Berrien County Cancer Service is joining healthcare providers and organizations to work collaboratively with other local, state, and national partners while the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation is being closely monitored. We are taking precautions to assist in the prevention of the spread of the coronavirus. For more information regarding the coronavirus, please visit the Berrien County Health Department website: http://berriencounty.org/1643/Coronavirus-Disease-COVID-19
Please contact us at 269-429-3281 regarding the services list below and the precautions in place to provide them as they are routinely updated.
- In-Home Nursing Visits: In-home skilled nursing visits are provided by experienced registered nurses to those with cancer in Berrien County at no cost.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Our Loan Closet allows us to lend needed medical equipment to patients for in-home use. We have a supply of commodes, walkers, shower chairs, wheel chairs, and other assorted equipment that is loaned to cancer patients free-of-charge. We also loan to those without a cancer diagnosis who need durable medical equipment for under 3 months. Call us first at 269-429-3281 to ensure that we have the items you need.
- Wig Boutique, Mastectomy Bras and Prostheses: We have a private room where wigs, turbans and scarves can be tried on. Additionally, for breast cancer survivors, we have a supply of breast prostheses and mastectomy bras for those without insurance coverage.
- Medical Supplies – at no cost: We offer medical supplies such as those needed for wound care, incontinence, nutrition support, as well as a variety of other miscellaneous supplies.
- Medical Supplies – at cost: Commercially manufactured ostomy appliances and medical supplies are procured for patient convenience and furnished on a near-to-cost only basis for those without insurance coverage.
- Financial Assistance: We offer limited financial assistance for special needs.
- Social Agency Referrals: We will help you find assistance in obtaining appropriate community resources for those who have needs in addition to what the Berrien County Cancer Service provides.
- Support Groups: Our Cancer Support Groups meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Marie Yeager Cancer Center (2nd floor Ward Conference Room) and the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Great Niles Senior Center. Meetings are for cancer patients, family members and caregivers. Detailed information can be found on the Support Group page of the website.
- Speakers Bureau: Speakers are available for groups interested in learning about the Berrien County Cancer Service.
All supplies are on an “as available” basis. Call us at 269-429-3281 to learn how we can help you.